Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to waterfowl hunting, looking into some kent shells. I will hopefully be shooting a Winchester Super X3. What shells would do best with this gun??

·
Registered
384 Posts
depends on what you will be hunting. You need to pattern your gun first off. Get a few boxes of different shells and go from there. Try all your different chokes and at different ranges i'd go 20-35-50 yards(at least I did) and use your diff chokes and shot sizes. For me all I use is 3" 1 1/4 Oz 2 shot for everything. Its good enough for ducks and geese out to about 45 yards. I shoot a browning silver with a KICKS choke.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Goosekiller06 said:
depends on what you will be hunting. You need to pattern your gun first off. Get a few boxes of different shells and go from there. Try all your different chokes and at different ranges i'd go 20-35-50 yards(at least I did) and use your diff chokes and shot sizes. For me all I use is 3" 1 1/4 Oz 2 shot for everything. Its good enough for ducks and geese out to about 45 yards. I shoot a browning silver with a KICKS choke.
I am shooting a Winchester 1300 12 guage, with a Wad Wizard Terror Choke.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.