Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the best flocking kit is to buy? Many different kits on ebay but I have seen some really bad flocking jobs and Im a little worried, Im looking to flock about 50 bigfoot heads. Any info on what and where to buy would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I bought mine off of ebay. Got a great deal, and it is enough to flock all our heads with just the first bag. Have one bag left over for future decoy purchases. Our flocking job looks awesome. Bought it from a ebayer in Missouri. Liberty or Lee's Summit I think. It is very time consuming to do it yourself, so I would plan a full weekend or two if you want to do a good job.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
"Black Widow" brand is the original and still the best IMO.

·
Registered
53 Posts
www.donjer.com order the nylon fibers and get the applicator (roung tube one) it really helps applying the flocking. I use this brand all the time and have done alot of heads for customers in Maine, MI, PA, KY and they all are very satisfied and the flocking is holding up great.

waterfowler

·
Registered
16 Posts
does flocking the heads make a big difference in getting the birds to come in? I have some older/cheap decoys that I try to keep in good condition, but the heads are not, nor have ever been, flocked. Would it be worth the time and money for me to flock them?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Earlier this year I had bought some decoys at a garage sale. Some floaters, shells, and about 1/2 dozen fullbodies. The bodies on the dekes were alright, but the heads and tails were gonna need some help. (chipping everywhere there was black and white, couldnt really tell in the gray mass of the body) So what I did, was bought some flat black and white spray paint. (make sure it is waterproof and can handle a beaten) anyways, I taped up the decoys, like I was painting a room, sprayed the black, let it dry, sprayed the white, let it dry, and then took some black SHINY nailpolish and painted the eyes. (Gives them a lifelike glint) Afterwards I took a look at these decoys, and I was greatly pleased. I had spent about 20 bucks, and fixed 36 shells, 12 floaters and 6 full bodies. Well then I said what the heck, and bought some flocking from fowlflocker.com, flocked all the heads and tails, and I had a spread that was pretty close to lifelike. So yes, take those old decoys of yours refurbish the white and black on them, where needed, flock them and you come out with some pretty good lookin decoys, for about 1/4 of the price of buyin some new ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.