Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
i picked up a great marsh call the other day. it's the "Nasty Boy" by southern game calls. man does this thing sound good. i also won an auction @ ebay on a j-frame RNT quackhead that sounds super also. neither one of them will cost you over $30 and they sound great. if your just itching to spend money, i have a "special" call i'll sell you for $150. (nevermind that it looks like a echo timber single reed and the echo label on it... :laughing: )

in all seriousness, i have blown a couple of the high end RNT's and they sound great. the ******* acrylic and the daisy cutter. but, imo, they won't be anymore effective with ducks than the other two i mentioned up top. hth!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Try a Rowdy DOA "Double Trouble" They run about $60 in a cocobola barrel with an acrylic insert I think $80 or something in all acrylic. A definate step up from the polys but not $100 out of the wallet. They are a medium to low volume call very ducky. They are capable of cajun squeel if the operator can make it happen. They are pretty in shape, small in size, you can run them as a double or single.... I think it would fit the bill you have described very well. There are others out there that would work great too Gaston timber, timber boss, and those S.G.C. Nasty boys are nice raspy litttle calls. A Swamp Thing timber or even an original tuned right would work real well for the situation you describe along with about a million others, but many of those are $100+ in acrylic. That DOA D.T. is a great call for the money I think. Just my two bits take it for what it is.

Bret

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
24 dollar dead timber by cutt down game calls its a double reed

·
Registered
697 Posts
You absolutely cannot go wrong with the Duck Commander line. I don't care what anyone says about getting what you pay for, that quote does not apply to duck calls. My favorite call is a $6 Sure Shot from Academy. I prefer wood calls to plastic, and double reeds to single reeds, and I really like a wooden double reed. Try the Ole Raspy, which is a duck commander. You can get up there real high, and it sounds great on the low side. The only Duck Commander call that I own(not the only duck commander call that I've blown) is a Duck commander Original. Give it a try, its a nice medium volume call.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.