Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I stay or should I go? No resi's this weekend. Thinking of sweat lining San Luis refuge, but rain forcast for saturday. Anyone thinking of going alone (with resi)? My partner is in Ariz. bow hunting.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I'm heading up tomorrow nite from s cal. My brother can't get home till later so we'll leave around 8 pm. I missed last weekend and Weds, the grapevine be shut down was a problem. This storm should just have a ton of rain. The only thing I'm concerened with is the wind. Most of the areas don't shoot to well with a south wind. It's really supposed to blow on Saturday.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Shot Los Banos last weekend. My son and I did well on Saturday and I didn't fire a shot on Sunday. Thousands of ducks a mile high and headed south. Made it back over the grapevine just in the nick of time. Friend of mine shot Kern and said it was incredible. Maybe thats were all the "mle high" ducks were flying. Teal and Sprigs made up the majority

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seems like quite a few So CAl hunters make the trek to Banos. I may wait for the afternoon hunt to see what the rain will do. I hate sitting in the rain and I don't think the ducks like to fly in it. Let's post what happens this weekend.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I've always hunted Mendota. Everybody kept saying try the upper areas too, Merced, Banos and san luis. Now that I take my son I have more time to spend looking around. The Grapevine is closed again (s--t) I'm still going to head out in hopes of getting through in the morning.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'M GONNA SWEAT IT OUT AT KERN. NUT I CAN'T LEAVE UNTIL THAT MORING SO I'M HOPING THAT THE 5 IS OPEN. IF NOT I'LL DRIVE UP THE 14 TO THE 58 AND GET THERE. HAS ANYONE ELSE TRIED THIS DETOUR?

·
Registered
1 Posts
bullet said:
Shot Los Banos last weekend. My son and I did well on Saturday and I didn't fire a shot on Sunday. Thousands of ducks a mile high and headed south. Made it back over the grapevine just in the nick of time. Friend of mine shot Kern and said it was incredible. Maybe thats were all the "mle high" ducks were flying. Teal and Sprigs made up the majority
can you tell me the phone number or web sight where i can get more info on hunting Los Banos? i moved to so cal from nor cal and i dont know where to hunt down here. i hear alot about Los banos and want to give it a try, thanks

Matt

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
wow, when i saw that this thread had been revived, i figured Gary had finally made up his mind whether or not he was going to hit Banos. :toofunny:

PM sent at you Diver.

josh

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.