Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was the funniest thing.. Mom got me a new book.. "How dogs thinks" or and i started to read over it a little here and there and it started talking about how dogs lie, cheat and steal. And as i am reading this.. the majority sounds like my Rottweiler Zella and Buddy. lol. Here is a story i thought was just so funny yet REALLY smart!!!
"There are 2 things that you have to know in order to understand why I think that Fanny (Doberman Pincher) is really a con artist. First, my dogs really love bones.
I get them these hunk of beef shank bones and they get one every few days. When they get grotty or small, I pick them up or throw them out, Other times they just lose them. If there is only one bone around at the moment, though, Rolf (Doby as well) and Fanny don't fight over it. They seem to have agreed that the bone belongs to whomever happens to have it in their possession at the time.
Second, the only thing that my dogs love more than bones is my husband. I think that one reason for this is that whenever he enters the house, he doesn't only pet them, but he gives them a special treat from a jar that we keep next to the back door. Steve usually parks in the garage, so that means the his arrivals are always an occasion for a treat.
Anyway, what happend was that one afternoon Rolf was chewing on a bone and Fanny couldn't find hers. She stood and looked at Rolf and then wandered around the room, stopping to stare at the bone. I walked into the kitchen to do somthing when all of teh sudden Fanny rushes past me to the back door. She rears up and hits the back door with her front paws. Now its an old door and there's a bit of a wobble in it, so that when you bang agianst it the door moves enough to sound like its closing. Next, she rushes back to the kitchen door and stood off to the side, hugging close to teh counter. This is a position where she was close to the door but not visable to somone coming through it. Within moments of the door banging, Rolf appeard. He clearly interpreted the noise as being my husband's arrival. As soon as Rolf entered teh kitchedn, however, Fanny made a dash out of teh room and snatched up the bone as her own."

I thought that was just incrediable for a dog to think that through, knowing the other one would come into the room and she could take the bone. It is so funny cause that occurs around here... Katie so plays my dad. She will not jump onto anything when he is around and will make him pick her up. But when he isn't in the room she just jumps right up. lol

Buddy is doing just fine. I had him on Diamnond and he wasn't gaining any pounds.. then i checked on the bag and it was a maintence food. duh.. Him and Zella are on that and i have seen Zel lose some pounds.. She kinda needed it.. and i think Bud's metobalism is really fast. So i put him on pedigree... :s and will see if he gains anything. If not i have some ringworm/heartworm and some other worm medicane.
Talked to teh lady at the shelter today and she said that i could just "foster" him and that they will get him updated on him shots and will neuter him once he is adopted. But untill then he gets to stay here.
I think tomorrow we are going to take the dogs to teh park.. so he will like going there. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Glad to know you still have the dog. That is a good story, anyone that has more than one dog gets to see this stuff all the time. My Yellow lab female who's older can get my young chocolate lab to chase the cat just by acting like she's going to chase him first then she sits back and you can almost see her smiling, dumb youngster. Stay well.

Mac

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.