Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys...This is my first year for hunting divers and was wondering where you guys get your main line for your rigs. I have clips and all I need is the main line.

NY Yote

·
Registered
88 Posts
I purchased my main line at a marine store. I bought a whole spool (1000') of line. My main lines are 150' long.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Check with the guy at duck hunting solutions he doesn't advertize it but I bought some tarred line from him his Iron twine is pretty good stuff to.You'll find him at Znapz.com.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Try www.atagulf.com. Its a commercial fishing site and they sell EVERYTHING you could want to set up main lines and gang rigs. Their prices bury any duck supplier too. Hope this helps another NYer.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I use 45' main lines-9' apart for the 6 S Mag decoys and then a 7 to 25' line to the anchor. The anchor line is wrapped arounfd the anchor "loop". The "long" main line is 135'. I use 2' long drops from the decoys which the snaps are attached to the 2' (finished) lines. Reason is so a dog can swim above the line or float a boat or it if need be with out getting tangles up. I use 1.5 lb anchors for the shorter lines and 4lb anchor for the 135' line.

Somebody mentioned ATA GUlf--yup I use them too :thumbsup:

BTW, you know what you get when using long lines with variable winds? ! big tangled mess-happened to me Sun... :eek:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
decoy rigs is a good place to buy stuff.i use 3/16 diamond braid for main lines.they have decoy rigs stuff in knutsons too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts