Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Great pictures, Pitboss. Looks like you have decoys in a row. How do you rig them and how do you keep them seperated in the boat? I rig my scaulp decoys on a rope and always looking for a better idea.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yeh, got it Pitboss. I recognize "long-liner clips". So looks like you connect decoys to rope as you put them out. I tie 12 decoys on each string and put out 13 dozen scaulp decoys. I use 30-gal plastic boxes to keep each string in when in boat. I use a 17' triple wide john boat to lay-out in so it's different. I paint the lead weight on one end yellow so I know which end to pull out of box first. Good hunting to you. Send us some of those canvass backs to NC.
J.K.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
excellent pics pitboss! i recently started hunting waterfowl on the eastern shore with some friends of mine and absolutely love it so far. i haven't seen those numbers of cans yet but we did have a 20-30 bird knot buzz or spread 1 morning. i would love to see those boys come in like that...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks on the kind words.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JJ- just easier for me, with using tarred line you must melt each time you cut and i'm not using the melt/cutter. the ties i use are 50lbs test and all plastic, there is a style out there that has a melt clip in the tie that locks everything down, i don't use those in the water.
and its just a simple snip and re-zip to replace a bird if needed.

jeff

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Nice, real nice, now I'm screwed, all I'm going to be thinking about this weekend are those pic's of the Can's and Brant coming in.

My daughter is getting married this weekend, and I have to walk her down the isle, and all I'm going to be thinking about are those Can's and Brant piling in, I'm soooo screwed. I know I'm going to mess something up; my wife is going to kill me. :help:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
870 said:
Nice, real nice, now I'm screwed, all I'm going to be thinking about this weekend are those pic's of the Can's and Brant coming in.

My daughter is getting married this weekend, and I have to walk her down the isle, and all I'm going to be thinking about are those Can's and Brant piling in, I'm soooo screwed. I know I'm going to mess something up; my wife is going to kill me. :help:
:toofunny: don't sweat it 870, you'll do fine! btw, congrats! hopefully, the soon-to-be son-in-law did the decent thing and got your consent!!!

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Great pics there Pitboss :thumbsup:

Hey Guys, On the length of the "drops" on the decoys, notice it is about 3' long. A key reason is so a dog can swim over the main line and not get tangled up in trying to cross it. Now if the drops were say 1' long or so, a tangled up dog = a dead dog all too often :eek: Also a boat can float over it without the motor getting snagged on it too. Just something to think about for the less experienced guys if they are thinking of rigging up long lined decoys. :smile:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.