Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Looks good, I've got some for waterfowl and my gun is camo'd in it...but thats it. I'm a Mossy Oak person myself.
:salude:

·
Registered
452 Posts
:withstupid: :cool:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
i like it to. i haven't had the opportunity to really test it out here. everything stays very green around here so i am not sure it won't stand out.

·
Registered
572 Posts
not a big fan of the max-4 the patter is to inconsitant. I was at Scheels the other day and pick up two of the same jackets from the same company both in max 4 one was so dark it was almost black and the other was very very light. It would suck to get a jacket that is the lighter color and then a pair of pants or bibs that are very dark. just my .02 though.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
There certainly is some inconsistencies in how dark or light MAX 4 is. You 'd think Realtree would get it and vary the pattern slightly like they do for Hardwoods Grey and Hardwoods Green. I have found however, that Herters gear tend to have the lighter shade of MAX 4. Where I hunt it fits in well. As you may guess I have a Herters coat. I prefer it lighter.

On a slightly related note...what's up with all the archery gear being made into MAX 4?

·
Registered
452 Posts
it is supposed to be a all around camo.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
There are inconsistant color skews, usually from manufacturer to manufacturer. And as far as being an effective archery camo? Yes. Camo is designed to please the hunter, not the game. There have been studies done on deer, and the best camo color to use would be red, and the worst color to use would be blue. It used to be thought that deer didn't see any color. Not so. Now birds on the other hand definately see in color, but again the best thing would be to not move and eliminate glare. I like MAX 4 because it is appealing to MY eye. Just my 2% of a dollar. 30 years ago if asked what your favorite camo was it would have been army fatigues. Ten years later it would have been Treebark. Ten years ago it would have been Realtree Advantage. Today it's MAX 4. In the future it will be something that the Predator from the movie "Predator" had, something that will actually make you melt into your enviroment. O.K. wishful thinking! Anyway as a new camo fad came out I was on the bandwagon everytime thinking this is it! this is the one. I'm sure there will be a new one coming shortly! Wings cupped, Pete

·
Registered
697 Posts
Thats what I wear. I use it for most types of hunting that I do. It's very good for fall turkeys and is also very good for when spring comes late. The only camo pattern out there IMO that can beat it for ducks is Advantage Wetlands. I wish I could find a gun that I like in that pattern.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.