Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older Mec 650 that belonged to my father. It is missing the priming plate (silver part in the link below). I have the rod. the part number for the old style is mec 525CA12. I believe the rod (which I have) is one piece and fits on a dimple on the red base rather than in a hole like on the newer 650n versions.

If someone has one of these, could they send me the dimensions as I want to make one on my lathe.

I need the total diameter, the reduced diameter of the step, the height where the edge is rolled over, the total height and the hole diameter all in thousands of an inch please. This should be an easy fun project if I can get the dimensions.

Thank you.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Do you have the spring? If not that is a good price for the complete unit. I will measure mine and post. I have two 650's. The plates are slightly different but both work. The older 12 ga is much simpler, no radius on top. Just enough break on top edge to not hang up.
Thickness .378, overall diameter .999, diameter of cut to fit through base hole .925, thickness of bottom shoulder.194. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much. I probably have the spring in a can somewhere. It is sort of a fun lathe project for me and I have tons of scrap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts