Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, please take a long pause sometime today to reflect on all the service men and women stationed overseas, here in the states, our allies, and those who served our country years ago. We citizens owe a huge debt to them. I can guarntee you that if it was not for the service of our military personel, and often their ultimate sacfifice, we would not be here today. Think about WWII, what if Germany won? Or Japan? A sobering thought indeed. So whatever your beliefs are, please take a moment to reflect, and those spiritually inclined, I suggest a prayer of gratitude.

A big "Thank You" to all the armed serice people present and past, from DHC. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Very proud and appreciative of our Armed Forces. Freedom always wins over evil and oppression.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Amen!

I am glad I am not one of the ignorant Americans who feel that memorial day is just a day off of work..... to me it is more. I will even be going to the memorial day service at the cemetary at the Army base where I live near.

If any of you have never done something similar, it is truly rewarding. It is also a great way to meet and thank the veterans! :thumbsup:

-Stouff

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Years ago...back when I played the trumpet...I played taps for years during the graveyard service. It was always hard to play that and not have you eyes well up. I will never forget them for what they did or doing right now.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
At the service I went to today, one of the guest speakers was a member of the original "band of brothers". Easy Company, 502nd Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101 Airborne Division.

It was really cool, because he told about how he was wounded in all the missions they went on, and some of his "buddies" that never were able to grow old.-----It really hit home.

God Bless America, and its GI's :thumbsup:

-Stouff

·
Registered
825 Posts
I am so grateful for the brave men and women who served and are still serving this great country. I hope I can become half the man that my grandfathers and father is and the men fighting this very hour....

May God bless you and your families in ways we can't imagine.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
we could never thank them enough... :salude:

i come from a very long line of military service on both sides of my family. the newest edition from my family is my youngest brother, he is a Marine. below are a couple of pics of his grad ceremony. of all of the accomplishments he has had in his young life, i am the most proud of him for this. although i didn't join the service myself, i am very patriotic. if they had the need i would be there TOMORROW! just remember the following...

"If it weren't for the brave, there would be no land of the free." -Fmr Sen. Fred Thompson TN

[siteimg]527[/siteimg]

[siteimg]528[/siteimg]

[siteimg]529[/siteimg]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.