Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been scouting in the stonington area near barn island I spoke with two farmers who have corn fields in the area. They would not allow hunting on their fields due to fellow hunter who left metal stakes buried in the ground used for blinds and a bunch of shot gun shells lying on the ground. the stakes broke three disc on there plows the farmers had to pay to fix this happen on both the farmers field. The farmers told me they was sorry but they would not allow anymore hunting in their feilds. Guys when we hunt on other peoples land you have to respect it clean up after yourself. I always pick up my shot gun shells, trash or whatever i use and never leave anything in the fields. A few bad apples took away a good hunting areas from all of us.

So far my late season hunting has been a bust I hunted barn island last week end but have not boat seen very few geese. Hard to hunt barn island land locked. I am going to check out old saybrook this week for another area to hunt. I am thankful I hunted the last day in the north zone with the fog i had my limit with in 20 minutes of hunting the geese came right.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
that's a shame .... only a very few fields in that area ...maybe they'll let you in by yourself on a 'let's see what happens' basis??? I am sure you know the drill....provide the farmer with a card with all your personal data, truck ID etc.

Are the geese on the Sound now that there is alot of snow and the cold mustuv pretty much locked up the inland waters and river.

Will be out this Sat for the final hunt of the year for seaducks (if I find a launch that is usable on Thursday)...then will set my sights on CT for a couple days. I will greatly appreciate any scouting reports - especially for the Guilford or Wheeler areas. Just PM me if you don't want to post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.