Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone around ARK seeing birds? I have a hunt planned opening week (Feb 1). From looking at the weather, still looks pretty cold down there.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My buddy was in Ark last week and said there's tons of snows down there. You all should be hitting it
right with the 60 degree days today and tomorrow. May push some juvies in too from down south.
We're going to the bootheel of missouri next weekend. Leave a few for us lol. Good luck guys.

·
Registered
6,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MIDTENNHTR said:
My buddy was in Ark last week and said there's tons of snows down there. You all should be hitting it
right with the 60 degree days today and tomorrow. May push some juvies in too from down south.
We're going to the bootheel of missouri next weekend. Leave a few for us lol. Good luck guys.
Thx for the update. We are driving down right now. I'll post up with how we do.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Solid pic Omega! Had a buddy hunting southern missouri send me a picture of the pile he killed this morning too.
I was a little worried that the warm weather from yesterday and today would push them all out before we got down.
Guess i don't have anything to worry about lol. Good luck down there and be safe. Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
30 Posts
405,000 of the smartest birds you will ever hunt. Not sure what the weather will do to them the next 7 days. Gonna be a normal year after this cold weather and snow moves in. Guys over in IL were not doing so well with the birds they have over there. Plenty Of Birds There But Again They Are smart. Plenty of birds in arkansas still.

·
Registered
65 Posts
We ended up doing decent down in SEMO last week but there were alot of smart, older birds around. Not much wind
in the mornings didn't help the cause. Still love chasing the white devil!

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
MIDTENNHTR said:
We ended up doing decent down in SEMO last week but there were alot of smart, older birds around. Not much wind
in the mornings didn't help the cause. Still love chasing the white devil!
Did you notice anything that worked better on them? flyers, calling.. etc.... I'll be hunting them in SD and ND a few weekends and I'm gonna need all the help I can get if they're already wising up down south

·
Registered
65 Posts
You just have to find their flight patterns. If you weren't directly underneath where they wanted to fly
we couldn't break them from their group this year. Sometimes in the past they would atleast come over to look
at the spread and you could break a few off. Didn't seem to be so this year. They were working more like
resident Canada geese this year. You had to be right under where they wanted to be or they wouldn't come
over for a look. This was with a guide using all the toys....Ecallers, Vortexes, 2k Sillosocks etc. The guide we
use has been in this area for about 10 years and knows the flight paths through the area and we still had a
hard time breaking them off. If you can get a migration day with more birds moving through the area you've
got a shot at a big day, the numbers are still really high and you'll see alot of birds. Wind is still key. Have to have it.
That will help you more than anything. Days we had it, they always worked better.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts