Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1301 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any interest in doing a MN decoy this season. Not sure I wanna be I charge but sounded like a good idea. Be cool to follow his journey through the season on here. Just thinking out loud I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
4,801 Posts
I'd be down and I have a guy that I could talk to about making a decoy for us.. question what species would we want. a surf scooter lol.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I have seen a scoter and an eider bagged in MN. Both were early 90's at the tail end of the drougt years.

·
Registered
7,735 Posts
My sea duck! First or second week of deer season some years back.

Must have been cripped as it sat in the dekes for a long time and even after being shot at it hung around.

·
Registered
9,623 Posts
I can't hunt the weekends, so I've pretty much taken myself out of traveling decoys because I can't hunt them and then ship it in time to get to the next by the weekend usually.

Sent from a phancy fone

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
This could turn out to be a very interesting and fun thing to follow/participate in season. I would join in if this takes flight.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'd be up for this. Mallard is boring, but it would be easy for everyone to use throughout the season. I would say wood duck, but I'm sure most of us put those decoys away by November.

·
Registered
9,089 Posts
Based on the Miss Rambler last year I would just use a smaller decoy to keep shipping down in the event someone can't hand it off directly. Cork is good though so I can shoot it and not feel too bad. :grooving:

They also put a minimum post limit, and gave preference to groups on the Miss Rambler to reward active members, increase the number hunting over it and to somewhat reduce the likelihood of some random person taking it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My vote would be a woodduck #1, GWT #2. If it is the woodduck, I would like to reserve second weekend as I taget woodies that weekend :smile:

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I'd say #1 canvasback, #2 blackduck

I'm currently trying my hand at carving foam decoys but I'm not sure how they'll turn out...none are completed yet.

Not sure how the other traveling decoys worked but I'd say people should sign it and put # of birds shot over it on the bottom.

1 - 20 of 1301 Posts