Duck Hunting Forum banner
1241 - 1260 of 1301 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
20200503_122953.jpg
As always it's my pleasure to donate a decoy to you guys to gun over. I haven't carved much this summer. A few geese and a couple ducks is all. I actually carved a hen wood duck a couple months back anticipating there would be another traveler. This is the first traveler since the original that was painted all in oil paints. A bit stylized and an experimentation with beeswax and boiled linseed oil as a topcoat to give a different sheen.

Attachments

·
Registered
938 Posts
butterball said:
As always it's my pleasure to donate a decoy to you guys to gun over. I haven't carved much this summer. A few geese and a couple ducks is all. I actually carved a hen wood duck a couple months back anticipating there would be another traveler. This is the first traveler since the original that was painted all in oil paints. A bit stylized and an experimentation with beeswax and boiled linseed oil as a topcoat to give a different sheen.
Whoop whoop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Looks great! What's the species this year.. black duck????

·
Registered
319 Posts
goldfish said:
How is that the easy part????
Carving has always been easier for me. Painting is my Achilles heel. I have an idea in my head how I want it to look but can't seem to quite translate that to my hands.

·
Registered
319 Posts
razorrt5 said:
Looks great! What's the species this year.. black duck????

God if that looks like a black duck I have failed as a carver. I might as well give up this carving thing and start crocheting blankets.

1241 - 1260 of 1301 Posts