Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it okay to mix different brands of decoys? I've heard that you can't mix brands, because they look different and the ducks will realize this and flair. We have 4 doz. Flabeau (or how ever you spell it) mallard decoys, and we were looking at getting some Greenhead gear mallard floaters. Would we have to get rid of the Flambeaus, or could we use them together??

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
159 Posts
i have mixed brands sizes and never seen a problem we kill ducks here but give it a try and see how the ducks react but if you get GHG be easy on them paint is not good and remember quality over quanity

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
You can mix anything and everything and youll be fine with duck decoys.

·
Registered
342 Posts
That's totally fine. Real ducks come in all shapes and sizes just like people. This is why many people mix life size and mag decoys.

Half of our goose dekes are old herters foam blocks, the other half are big foot floaters. If they bother to come over the dekes they have never flaired on us before we stood up.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Ya, I like to have different brands of decoys so they do look different. I think it adds a little something to the spread. So then they dont all look exactly the same.

·
Registered
250 Posts
i agree with broozer, mixing deke brands is fine. Why would you want all your "ducks" to look the same....all ducks dont look the same

1 - 7 of 7 Posts