Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which is better for pass shooting and shooting over dekes 35 yards or better im using estate shells 3in no 4s through my nova which is better modified or improved modified .

i dont have time to go to range and pattern them due traveling for work all the time

·
Registered
157 Posts
either will probably work for decoy shooting but you can never guess i would suggest having one of your buddies pattern it for you if you dont have time or take half a morning off from hunting and pattern it one thing for sure you dont want to take any chances crippling birds most guns have a load that they like better than others just got to find out what works best and stick with it good luck

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Like the guys above said it takes patterning to see what works with each gun and load combo, but typically the IM will pattern tighter than M with the size shot you are shooting. I would guarantee it with lead but with steel you need to look at the patterns because you may find that the IM has a tighter core, but the M could have a better overall pattern. Tighter chokes with steel can produce over tight choke and actually open the pattern or cause bad distribution. The IM is often labeled as a full steel choke for steel shot use up to BB by some mfr.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.