Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one out there tryed the mojo goose, thinking of picking up one or two. But they cost so much I'd like to hear from other goose hunters out there to see if they are up to all the hype.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I have reservations on their effectiveness for Honkers.

I do have duck spinners, so the same thing and I usually hunt both ducks and geese in the field. My experience is that the geese will not committ as a a rule. The spinners are basically like flagging-getting their attention. But they seem to shy away the last 100yds and slide off. So if you get one--get the remote control and turn the thing off when they are 150 yds out is my advice. Also check your provincal laws regarding remotes as I know that some States the remotes are illegal.

That being said, flagging is very effective, even more so than a spinner IMHO. And a lot cheaper too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have never used one, but have been steered away from them by friends. A guy put it to me this way, geese don't hover like ducks do and the spinning wing geese don't look natural. Everyting must be taken with a grain of salt of course, but it makes a certain amount of sense.

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Spinners on geese are totally wasted, like this one time when i ...... :toofunny: sorry, thats my lame idea of a joke (for anyone who didnt get my stupid not so humorous humor, i was gonna tell a story of being totally wasted...) but in all seriousness put your money into a nice spread of big foots or shells or whatever and skip the goose spinner. they are effective on ducks but remotes are nice to shut them off when geese start to come in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.