Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen the MOKAI Watercraft? It is fantastic! This boat is 11'8" and is so versatile that it can take you anywhere! Honda makes this 6hp engine that is jet propelled and removable. . This boat is geared for anglers and hunters!!! This boat is for people who want to travel upstream in any currant as well as drift in 4" shallow waters. You can take it in fresh, salt, river, lake and creeks. FANTASTIC !!!!!!!! :smile:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Cool Idea yes, but they just don't sem versitile enough for me. IT's just way too much money to spend on a solo boat. They look good and stable for fishing...I think I saw someone stand on top of thiers. Plus if you've spent extended days in a kayak you know that your legs just dont feel that great. It gets a lil cramped. I'd suuner put a trolling motor on an old canoe, and still have some cash left over. (IMHO)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trois - just resonding to your reply. The MOKAI is nothing like a kayak. You have plenty of leg room, your legs would never get crampt. And yes, you can easily stand in the middle of the hull. It has a 3' diamiter. And this watercraft can seat 2. So, you should really learn more about this boat, you might like it!!! And don't forget - the jet propelled engine is powered by HONDA. So, the price is quite good.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TROIS - also, as to your comment that they aren't versitle enough...the MOKAI is the most versitle watercraft out there. This boat can take you more places than a pontoon boat. This craft can operate in 4" of water. What other boat can do that? And the MOKAI can operate very easily upstream under any conditions. What other boats have these capabilities? Espcially with a Honda jet engine that is removable.

·
Registered
450 Posts
hookooke, do you work for MOKAI or something. i bet they are nice but they don't look like the perfect duck boat. i like the more traditional type of boats. but i hunt small water and always use a paddle.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Okay so I could stand to be corrected. There are however, many other boats I would consider long before the Mokai. (this is for me personally, so no need to get your panties in a bunch.) I can take many boats more places than a pontoon boat, I've run kayaks and some canoes in 4" of water, and I beleive Im just as dependable as a HONDA engine. (i've got nothing against Honda engines, but you seem to stress it quite heavily) If I didn't know aby better, I'd say you worked for Mokai?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TROIS - sorry you feel that way. You really should look more into the MOKAI watercraft. Is there any boat that you like and feel passionate about describing it? Does that automatically mean you work for that company? Anyway, I don't think this boat was meant for you.....you take care though and have a wonderful Easter.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GSP - the MOKAI Watercraft is far from a kayak. The Honda engine is also removable. Why paddle when you have a jet propelled system? As for the gear, the MOKAI watercraft is very roomy. You put all your gear inside the boat. There are rod holders and all. Hey it's not for everyone. Just the dihard anglers/waterfowlers. lol :cool:

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
have seen them before....way too expensive for what you get IMO.....little gear storage, low weight capacity........If jet powered, is it not a bad thing to power through muddy shallows? Wouldn't the intake get damaged?

Sorry....again IMO....I would rather have a fleet of boats with various uses/capabilities....IE: a canoe, kayak, small jon, sneak boat, a large v hull tender, MLB classic

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Don - this isn't SPAM!!! By letting you know of a boat for hunting and fishing how does that consist of spamming!!! OMG. Everyone talks about boats and what is out there. I see several of people asking about what boats are out there and people respond. So.... :cool:

·
Registered
450 Posts
So... do you work for mokai?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.