Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody got a Fat Boy. I've found these at their website and really like that it is lightweight and small enough that I can put it in the back of the truck. I usually wade hunt in my timber hole but a few times during the season the water gets too deep to wade and when I shoot ducks I have to get in a little 10' jon boat to go get them. It's gettin old. So I wanted a little lay out boat that I could use there and it would save me the trouble of having to wade out to get the jon boat. I would also be able to get to some spots that I've never been able to before.

I was wondering how stable this boat is and if it works as good as it looks??

· Registered
23 Posts
idk but i agree i have a 14 ft jon boat and im sick of going pass shooting and dropping them to far out to wade then getting out the boat, i rather have a small boat in where i can get deep into some of this marshes and weed beds to hunt. There are always those small ponds or places to hunt that u cant drop in a huge boat it has to be a small one that u can pick up by yourself and get on the water. Plus there are those waters that boarder the road and u want to drop a pod boat in a float it but cant cuz all you got is a huge boat.

IMO i want one or at least a pod boat.

Lata, 2d

· Registered
1,920 Posts
a kayak will do wonders forya!!!! I use one quite often,especially in the little salt creeks we have along the coastal marshes.....only limit is decoy capacity and it can be tippy depending on your balance and size....but they are very versatile, lightweight, manuverable.... and when up on grasses can be very stable.....how 'bout a pirogue? or an open top kayak?

· Registered
36 Posts
Another option as you know is the Stealth 2000, this is made of some tough poly with a 5 year warranty. I have had the nose drop off my tailgate onto concrete a few time's with absolutely no probs. I'm not sure if you would get away with that with fiberglass. The dimension's are 12' by 44" wide and weigh's in at 100lbs. I bought a Harken Hoist to store it in the roof of my garage to get it out of the way, and it works slick. I read somewhere either at Cabela's or Mack's Praire Wing's they offer free shippin.

· Registered
9 Posts
I use the Fatboy DP and it works very well and can be loaded and unloaded in the back of a pick up alone. It's great for hunting marshes or calmer water... you can even put a small outboard or mud motor on it if you wanted to for long runs. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.