Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Montana will become the 4th largest nuclear power in the world if we drop out of the union.

...the world outside, which my brother and I soon discovered was full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the farther one gets from Missoula, Montana.
-A River Runs Through It

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Keep fighting the good fight against those gun grabbing liberals. I hope the supreme court find in favor of your state and all this is put to rest. But if not, and your state pursues leaving the union, I am moving there. Because if Montana loses this case, its going to set a precident for them to take our guns from us. The outcome of this fight will effect us all whether we live there or not.

·
Registered
39 Posts
quackpipe said:
Montana will become the 4th largest nuclear power in the world if we drop out of the union.

...the world outside, which my brother and I soon discovered was full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the farther one gets from Missoula, Montana.
-A River Runs Through It
LOL, thats the greatest quote ever

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
:thumbsup: good luck guys, If Montana goes I can only hope the south would follow.

But history has taught us that this is bad news when it happens for the wrong reasons and outside of the legal means.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
how is the waterfowling out there in MT? I guess if it's not that good, I can still fly fish, right?

Labs...this ought to be an interesting summer....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hate to be the barer of bad news (about hunting in Montana) but i live in Chicago. As a matter of fact i just retired on the 15th of Feb with 30 yearsof service as a Chicago Police Officer. I just consider myself a patriot and strong believer in the second amendment. I am a life member in the N.R.A. and am waiting for them to do something to help us gun owners. I guess i shouldn't hold my breath. As far as i am concerned the N.R.A. is doing very little. So i took this on my own to spread the word. I have never been to Montana.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
You must have had a Liberal teacher too , the fact is when the constitution was drafted the militia was the every day man , farmers and craftsmen and every able bodied man and boy. It was not the regular army and there was NO such thing as a National Guard. It means the common people, if the second amendment wasn't meant for the people then that means that none of the others applies to us either.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
The second amendment was not only to regulate a well armed militia to protect us from outside forces. The purpose of the militia ( the people) was also to stand against tyrannical goverments. Look through history and you will see the first thing a dictator does is disarm the people.The founding fathers wanted to make sure this could never happen. Check your state constitution. They are usually written in even plainer english because they were drafted later on. And while we are on the subject of leaving the union, Didn't Lincoln commit a crime by using the military against the people of the south during the civil war? I always thought that was illegal for a president to do. What's the punishment for that? if it is a crime.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
So now I'm looking at papers and my state costitution and I see that if I'm a member of a "militia" I cannot get or possess a carry permit. ***? Isn't that a little contradictory? I have a extra application for a carry permit and I had to admit I was not a militia member to get my permit.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
So according to your teacher militia men arent normal? You should call him or her out. But be sure to have the info and facts to back yourself up first. Sounds like Montana was smart when they drafted there constitution, I wonder how many others are like that?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.