For future record (late to the show), morel mushrooms are basically impossible to misidentify ... those are false morels, probably G. brunnea, generally listed as poisonous or not recommended or not edible. However there is a lot of misinformation on the edibility of false morels. For this species, some people eat the hell out of them with no issues whatsoever and some people have bad reactions. The problem is there are several close related similar looking falsies that contain a toxin called gyromitrin. Be careful with those. The content of gyromitrin is poorly understood in this species.Duxndog said:Can anyone identify with certainty these are morel mushrooms. I picked them in a pecan grove today. Thanks!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk