Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering the new Mossberg automatic (935, I believe). It shoots the 3 and 3.5 in. 12 gauge shells.

Does anyone have knowledge about or experience with this shotgun? I'm most concerned about whether it will cycle reliably, especially in a pit with dust, dirt, snow, sleet and rain blowing around.

I definitely want to know as much as possible before springing for it.

Thanks.

Ralph M.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Mossgerg makes a quality gun. Buy what fits you best in your hunting gear. It doesn't matter how good the gun is if it doesn't fit because you wont hit much.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I've had the 935 since mid January and was able to hunt with it for the last two weeks of duck season and on a hunt in SW MO for snow geese. The gun is great for the money and I have never had any problems with it. I am able to shoot 2.75" shells out of it, but that was after 150 or so duck loads had gone through it. The morning of the MO snow goose hunt it was 2 degrees and it never jammed even though there was dirt and snow all inside of it.

Also, if you're looking for a cheap beat around shotgun you need to check out the Baikal MP153. My local gun shop is selling the synthetic ones for $320 plus tax. It will shoot everthing from 2.75" 1oz. cheapo Wal-Mart dove loads to 3.5" shells after being broken in.

Here's how well the 935 works. :thumbsup:

yeller

1 - 3 of 3 Posts