Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I bought a model 88 some seven years ago as a saltwater gun and ended up using it as my bread-n-butter piece for the last several years. I only spent $148 for it. Never worried about it in any way and it has taken a beating - and alot of birds - and never jammed or malfunctioned a bit until this season. On a very cold (maybe 10 degree) day I took a shot and the forearm broke right at the junction to the slide bars. Not sure if the cold was the issue or after years of use the synthetic failed. Regardless, got an upgrade from Mossberg to their new forearm system for $24. The gun only shows wear otherwise and no rust etc (but note I am fastidious about keeping my guns clean)

To answer directly - I am very very satisfied. I still use my Ithaca and 1100, or a 9200, but that Maverick is the duty gun!

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
FYI - found a new 935 available thru a wholesaler for $410. If I didn't already have a couple of autos I would jump on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeh i think that the mossberg is a good gun, it was my first but i would rather have a stoger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts