Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried Waterfowl Forage? I'm looking to improve my chances for next year and thought maybe this would help at a privately owned section of land at a creek.

If anyone has ever tried or heard or it and has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would definitely not waste your money on it. The rice they use is no different than any you can buy at a local co-op. It is true for most biologic products too.

A new study done under one of the top waterfowl biologists in the country, Rick Kaminsky, has shown that natural moist soil plant hold over 5x the energy than rice alone. If you are really serious about doing something on your property, I would suggest you do a little research on what natural foods ducks prefer. You can also find his e-mail address on the Mississippi State University web site.

If you aren't as serious about long term, flooded corn field provide cover and is a high energy food that attracts ducks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.