Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEED REPORTS ON BIRDS MOVING SOUTH. ANYONE HAVE ANY UPDATE ?
STILL A MONTH BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS HERE IN NORTH LOUISIANA, BUT GETTING ANTSY. BLIND IS BRUSHED PRETTY GOOD, AND DECOYS ARE PAINTED AND WRAPPED WITH NEW STRING.

WE ARE SEEING QUITE A FEW COMORANTS ALREADY WHICH MAY BE A GOOD SIGN OF THINGS TO COME. THEY USUALLY DON'T ARRIVE UNTIL AROUND THE FIRST OF NOVEMBER SO THEY ARE A ABOUT A MONTH EARLY. NOT THAT I LIKE COMMIES, BUT THEY DO MIGRATE BEFORE THE DUCKS.

YOU GUYS UP NORTH...........GIVE US A GOOD REPORT...

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have also see alot of comorants here in central illinois(ON THE MISS.RIVER).seen a few bunches headed down the river friday,seems like a few more geese are gathering at some of the larger ponds in the area.finished brushing the blind last weekend,still alot of woodies around.i"ll keep you posted.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am not in the same area, i am from new york and have not seen too much movement south. I see a flock every few days of geese but when they get going we normally see them every few minutes, or atleast hear them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here In WI, season opened the 27th of Sept. I've been hunting 20 miles north of Green Bay in the Bay on open water. Only thing around is local ducks. Getting a big variation from green heads to megansers. Picked up numerous blue bills.

The weather warmed up to the 80's. Opening day was in the 20's while up in canada the weather was in the 60's. Now our weather is in the upper 70's and canada is in the 40's. The geese have been moving thourgh pretty steady.

If the weather continues in canada, harvesting will soon come to an end which means limited food source for the waterfowl and heavier migrations.

Having fun up here just being in the blind! Don't really care if I get limits,
just having fun. Good luck down there!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THANKS,

OUR SEASON IS STILL ABOUT A MONTH AWAY....CAN'T WAIT. KEEP THE REPORTS COMMING GUYS.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Killed a bunch of teal today. And mallards are coloring nicely, we shot a few of them too. I have been trying reallyhard to kiil all the duck before they get out of the state. Unfortunayly, Quite a few have got away. in a month, you should be shooting and killin my Minnesota birds. Got be sure to send a few back home. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WERE THEY GREEN WINGS OR BLUE TEAL ???

THANKS FOR SCARING A FEW THIS WAY. I'M SURE WE WILL RETURN THE FAVOR.

THANKS FOR THE REPORT.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We got 11 teal that day. I bet only 3 were blue wing, the rest were green. The bad part about the green wings are they are tuff little buggers. Quite a few of them stick around till ice is on 3/4 of the lakes. I bet alot of blues are sitting in the southern part of MN and northern Iowa. We were hunting almost mid MN right on the SoDak boarder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts