Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you tried this?

Go to the address bar and type in "about:config" It will have a bar that says "filter" where it says that type in "network" Then go down to where it says network.http.pipelining and double click it so it will change from false to true. Then right below it it says network.http.pipelining.maxrequests and double click it and change it from "4" to "10" Your computer will go 2 times faster. Remember, this only works for Firefox. If you have something else I suggest you download the latest Mozilla Firefox and do this. I hope this makes a difference for you.

It is supposed to make the pages load faster. I tried it and seems to be faster.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks alot! It seemed to make my pages load much faster also. Though they already loaded pretty fast this does seem to make it faster.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Holy hell.. I didn't know firefox even had a manual config option..

Sweet :thumbsup: thanks for sharing.

but Just a FYI: This could also hinder your connection. Higher values will cause a delay before the first request completes but will make the last request complete sooner. Higher values will also cause more of a delay if a connection fails.

Dia lup this is a problem broadband, Not so much

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm sure im not the only CS guy on here but to explain this config.. it allows more things to be downloaded at once.. as greenster said.. great for high speed.. not so much for dial up.. but as far as manual config. .its mozilla so its all about a text file :p.. also if you are into messing around try out firefox 3 beta 3.. ive been using firefox 3 for awhile and its very stable for me.. and much faster.. not just response to the program but pages loading as well.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
MAC what can you not save?

·
Registered
185 Posts
For Firefox also, If you are downloading large files, you should add the "downthemall" from the firefox add-ons and when you download something on this program right click your mouse and add chunks until you hit 10 and it will speed up your download.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Anser albifrons said:
i have dsl and sometimes it is so slow !
I don't want to hear it.. :no:

·
Registered
726 Posts
greenster said:
MAC what can you not save?
Anything, pics, text, links. If I right click on a picture then save image or save image as it doesn't work, it doesn't save. It's real annoying. It also won't let me download things like flash or america's army (awesome game).

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Are you sure its not saving? it could just be putting the fiels in the original specified place. One thing I've noticed with firefox, is when I go to d/l something like the game you where speaking of, I must keep the Tab open to that url or it stops.

Click on Tools > Downloads. or hit CTRL+J and at the bottom of the pop up left of Clear all it says "All files downloaded to" just click on the spot and specify where to save them to.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts