Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I made it to the club for last time. Before we leave the 3rd of next month. This is my going away gift I suppose. I told my son a week or so before we decided to run up to Los Banos the one disappointment was I had never shot a greenwing with a band. Greenwings comprise 60% of every limit at our club. 35 years of hunting in the grasslands.
Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Circle

Administrator
That's great! Congrats! 馃憤

Registered
All Great memories my friend ! All this is ,is another page turned in your life . Happiness comes from within and'
as long as (God willing) the family is heathy , life goes on . So you have found the place with greener pastures ?
When you get a chance , fill me in , I would love to see what has been on your mind !

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All Great memories my friend ! All this is ,is another page turned in your life . Happiness comes from within and'
as long as (God willing) the family is heathy , life goes on . So you have found the place with greener pastures ?
When you get a chance , fill me in , I would love to see what has been on your mind !
We bought 40 acres near Halstead Kansas. It鈥檚 Ag land. Has an Ag well. About a one acre pond. I will expand it by a couple acres. Specks we鈥檙e landing near the pond while we were looking at the house. It has a new Barn we will use as a feed barn. Then build a horse barn. House is close to 4000 sq ft built in 2019. So yeah small town. My neighbors are corn fields. Probably grow hay on our acreage for our animals. Plant something doves and waterfowl like around the pond. Should be good fun. I鈥檓 sure it resembles our are when my grand parents bought. In the 1950s.
Dwight
Building Sky Plant Property Window

Registered
Wow living the Dream ! As we get older , it only takes a few things of the Good Life to satisfy our ego's .
This pic certainly fills that gap and the serenity us country folks look for . I've been living in and around cows
for so long , if I don't smell it on my Boots , I'm in the wrong town ! Relocating does take some intestinal
courage so , with the Best of Luck to you , one step at a time . Make it happen in a Big way !
Did you sell the Duck Club ? You know it got some roots under your skin !

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow living the Dream ! As we get older , it only takes a few things of the Good Life to satisfy our ego's .
This pic certainly fills that gap and the serenity us country folks look for . I've been living in and around cows
for so long , if I don't smell it on my Boots , I'm in the wrong town ! Relocating does take some intestinal
courage so , with the Best of Luck to you , one step at a time . Make it happen in a Big way !
Did you sell the Duck Club ? You know it got some roots under your skin !
As of now, no. My dad and i worry that my grandfathers ghost would come after us. I did throughly enjoy sleeping on my couch one last time. Sitting listening to the crackle of red oak in the cast iron stove. Holding my eyes open expecting to see my grandfathers spirit. In the 鈥 Galley鈥 of his cabin. It鈥檚 true Larry. No Matter where I go. I鈥檒l wish I was in the grasslands shooting Pintails, teal and spoonies. At the Chesapeake Duck Club.

Dwight

1 - 12 of 12 Posts