Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been shooting a Remington 870 Super Mag for the last 3 years now, every year looking forward to getting a new autoloader, I recently purchased the new Franchi 912 3.5" in the Max-4 camo pattern. I havent had time to shoot the gun much, but when i did i fell in love. This gun feels awesome to me and im ready to kill some ducks with it.

I am interested in a new choke tube for duck hunting, Most of my shots are from 25-50 yards. What is the ideal choke for this range shooting steel shot? Any help is appriciated.

Thanks Guys,
Mat

·
Registered
14 Posts
You picked a winner in the Franchi 912. Most of the guns in the beretta family have a smaller bore than other brands. I would pattern with your factory chokes I.C. and Mod.. If you don't get good results try a Terror choke.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I ALWAYS shoot improved cylinder when I shoot ducks over my decoys. With steel shot, this just seems to pattern the best. I also use Remington 3" Nitro Steel shotgun shells. I have had great sucess.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've very good results with the Patternmaster, Kicks High flyer and Wad Wizard chokes. My personal pick is the Patternmaster. By the way, how does the new Franchi handle. A friend and I have looked at them a couple of times but havent gotten to handle one yet. Is the recoil very bad, I know the old Franchies kicked like a mule.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The gun has very light recoil and does not weigh a ton. The older franchis(model 48) have heavy recoil due to their lightness and they are also recoil operated. I own a franchi 48 20 gauge, it is a great gun but it kicks like a mule. The 912 however is gas operated and handles recoil very well! I hope to pattern the 912 with steel and lead shot this weekend. I will post the results.

Thanks guys,
Mat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts