Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about youns, but here in central W. Pennsy I can get only one FOX affiliate, channel 53 out of Pittsburgh. Lost the video around lap 430. That's right - @ the cllimax of the race, all that I saw was green interference or multi - colored vertilcal lines on a white background. Did any of youns experience this, also? Or was this only on Channel 53? I sent 53 a sarcastic e-mail over it. If this was network - wide, then I'll send one to FOX as well. Hell, why watch FOX if this is as good as it gets? They didn't even put up a "please stand by" graphic like they used to in the prehistoric '60's. I'll just listen on PRN or MRN. The NBC affiliates around here never had this trouble. Didn't computers & the digital revolution eliminate these problems? It's one thing to switch coverage to something else; while it's angering, you have to remember that the network or station has other commitments that people have paid for. But no video? Little attempt to fix it? Bad policy.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gsp: you know - you put it in the proper perspective for me.
Thanks. Although he's not my all around favorite (that's#8 :thumbsup: ) I still like to see Happy win. Reasons:
1. Great driver
2. Drives the Chevy of the Intimidator (who may be greater than Elvis. Yes, greater than Elvis. :eek: )
3. He has a bit of a temper.
4. He hunts.
5. Has a nice looking doggie.
6. Has a nice looking wife.
7. Did I mention that he hunts?
Any more, & I might start liking him as much as Jr.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Mark,

I got to see the end of the race...then again I was there. What an awesome track. My wife had to listen online to the end of the race because that stupid snow storm knocked out all of the cable.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Snafu, did you hear anything about the American Outdoor Experience while you were down there. This will be our 2nd annual event in June. It is sponnsored by the RMEF and Bristol Motor Speedway.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
mark, that is pretty aggrevating. at least with racing you can find it on the radio in a pinch to at least hear the outcome. it sucks when you're a fan of an out-of-town team and can't find it on the radio either... :pissed:

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Wife...she told me to go. So I did. Then I wished she was there the whole time. It is OK, I made friends with some good TN people and I can park (close to the track) and or camp there anytime. So next year she will be with me. I would rather have her with me than anybody else.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Well... I guess some things just can't be helped. I just want to know how you got tickets to Bristol. I had to give our Darlington tickets away (bought them for my husband's birthday and then found out his little bro's college graduation is the same day... and boy was he unhappy about it), so I guess we will just have to settle for two trips to Atlanta this year.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I know somebody with season tics for Bristol. But you can buy them down there. The cops keep a pretty close eye on scalping/price gouging. Don't even think about tics on EBay, get ready to sell one of, if not all of your kids into slavery. That sucks about Darlington...sucks big time.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Snafu518 said:
I know somebody with season tics for Bristol. But you can buy them down there. The cops keep a pretty close eye on scalping/price gouging. Don't even think about tics on EBay, get ready to sell one of, if not all of your kids into slavery. That sucks about Darlington...sucks big time.
Tell me about it. Those were my damn tickets. MINE! Now they belong to my inlaws :pissed: . You can see the replacement (and better) present in the photo album. His name is Gus.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Yeah... I just figured that out. By the way, I think I can hear your coronary arteries screaming from here! Sounds like a good recipe though. Speaking of mixes, we just discovered a really good mix for hushpuppy batter -- Uncle Buck's from Bass Pro Shops. I left out the canned corn and added buttermilk and a chopped Vidalia and we fried them up with the fish. Best damn hushpuppies I have ever eaten! I'll never try to make them from scratch again (not that I ever have in the first place, to be honest).

:thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.