Duck Hunting Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
and hopefully the western part of indiana......

if you talk about them .... they will come.....

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I heard today that south of Springfield they are thick. "Most snow geese ever in IL"

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I heard lots of Snows moved into NE the last 2 days.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Have'nt seen any snow's in NW Iowa yet, it's hit and miss if they show up here, I'm about an hour and a half from the missouri river. Hope to see them soon if they are going to get here :getdown:

·
Registered
672 Posts
Have been seeing a crap load of canadian's, mallard's, and merganser,s the last couple day's, but no white bird's yet. The ice fisherman have been saying they hear them at night on the open water but I drove around today looking and found duck's, and canuck's. One positive to it I seen more duck's today than all of last season.

·
Registered
68 Posts
rainwater basin area has many geese in the area. Can't help but see then all day long just about everywhere you go. the north end of clay county NE has a reported 1 million birds in the area. guys are saying the hunting is hit or miss though :laughing: .

·
Registered
157 Posts
i think the snows have already moved through central illinois havent seen any migraters for about a week just a few hanging around local

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey all , new at this sight and really enjoying it and i would like to know if any1 could give me a heads up on the outlook of the snows in southwest iowa on the weekend of the 19,20,21. i scheduled a hunt near Omah for my girlfriend and myself that weekend and really hoping to get her on some snows. is it looking good ?

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bjack
The weather should stall them. Highs in the 30s through this weekend in the upper plains. So you have a decent chance to get in a hunt in 1.5 weeks from now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
thx admin, thats what i was hoping to here , im from north central indiana and really dont see any snows here , i went to a refuge yesterday and was looking around and did see about 10 of them in 1 flock very unusual for this area , maybe 1 of these years we will be shooting them here also . thats my prediction . cant control all of those birds hope people keep sending in the posts in a week or so . i know she is getting excited . she has saw my pics and videos from my hunts the past 2 yrs in sask. can.

·
Registered
3 Posts
allright every1 whats the outlook for the snows this weekend 19-22 around the omaha area ? havent seen anything on here for a week now wondering what we should look foward to. anything help any1. please reply . thx

·
Registered
1 Posts
ok well i have been hunting theses snows for the last month all the way from the basins to south of omaha went on a 5 day hunt to the suton area in feb around the later part of the month and my brother and I show 161 about half and half snows to blues, went for a drive yesterday from omaha to Techumsa and saw about 40,000 k just north of syracuse and shot 40 i was out this morning and i think alot more snows pushed back south even over night saw alot more there is great pond shooting and tehy go to feed around 430 in the PM not sure about the AM anyways there are a large number around still nothing like the 4 million that were in the basin in the later part of feb and early march but i think that the geese will push south back around here cause ou the weather they are recieving norht of us. anyways good luck and P.s. decoys not a good idea jumpshooting works the best i have done both this yr and so far this yr i have shot 275 geese and only 10 over the decoys. U might run into a juvy flock but the adults are to smart.

snow goose fever

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am needing some information on the status of ducks and primarly snow geese aroung the Desto Bend and the Nobles area. I am going to be coming out that way from Michigan to hunt with my brothers. I would appreciate any information anyone could provide. Thanks

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The last of the snows should be pulling out of NE/IA area now with the snow/cold occurring. To the North in SD many have already headed south in the last week and those that remained are heading south due to the blizzard.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.