Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going on a snowgoose hunt this weekend and I will be shooting 2oz tungsten matrix 3.5inch shells at 1300 fps through a ported patternmaster choke. Complete opposite of Ned :rofl: :rofl: Not trying to start anything, I was just thinking about it and thought it was a little funny.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Well I hope you don't have as much action as I do on my snow goose hunts... or you're rich. That would cost me a good $400 or more a day in shells.

What size matrix are you shooting?

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
davecz said:
I am going on a snowgoose hunt this weekend and I will be shooting 2oz tungsten matrix 3.5inch shells at 1300 fps through a ported patternmaster choke. Complete opposite of Ned :rofl: :rofl: Not trying to start anything, I was just thinking about it and thought it was a little funny.
Dang! Now I won't be able to sleep tonight. Ned S
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the tungsten matrix for less than 10 dollars a box, I cleared out the store (they quit selling ammo and got rid of their stock) but I do have a case of kent 3.5 inch 3/8oz 1550fps if I need them, and I hope I do, I want to burn through as much ammo as possible. Who knows the weather kind of sucks right now but we shall see, I will post on monday with the results :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
Good luck and Good shooting. We don't have any water so I'm sure there will be no snow hunting this spring. They will just jump over us. Ned S who is putting his hunting gear and decoys away until next year. It's time to do some pattern work in fact a lot of pattern work.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kind of a slow hunt, but scratched out 24 on Saturday, and got snowed out on Sunday. Might go for another shot at them in 2 weeks. The 1's did the trick though

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There were some longer shots, but a few juvies came in about 20 yards, that was almost to close.....almost :thumbsup: there was about 900 fullbodies set out, the spread looked great

·
Registered
201 Posts
Shooting matrix is a complete waste of money when MY steel ones at 32 degrees kill out to 60 yards yada yada yada.. I see the question was asked to critique you and tell you that. :rofl:

With 900 FB's you aren't too concerned about cost I see. Nice looking spread and looks like a lot of fun.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did notice to be a little slower than the Kents faststeel 3.5 1/8 1550, didn't really notice it pulling me off the birds though. I was shooting a SBEII and it doesnt pull of the birds much :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.