Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in La and we get the occasional geese at our property. We dont have enough to have a goose lanyard but I would like a call I can stick on my lanyard and have at em. I dont want an expensive one seeing as I wont use it too much. no more than $30 maybe more if need be...What good sounding calls (kind of one of those best kept secret calls) do you know of that I can use to lure in these geese??

·
Registered
598 Posts
I really like the poly Zink pc-1 and pm-1. They are very easy to blow, and sound great. IMO the best poly goose call out there for the price. You can get one for $19.99 or $29.99 depending where you get it so shop around. Another call I like is the Buck Gardner canada hammer II. Another great sounding, easy operating call. If at all possible, go somewhere and try some out to see which one like best.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Cant go wrong with a zink. Havnt heard the poly but im sure it is not to far off of the acrylic. I would asume that it is a mold from the pc-1 and pm-1

·
Registered
598 Posts
Yes, they are molds of the acrylics. They sound great and are easy to blow. They have different guts than the acrylic and wood calls that take less air to operate. The pc-1 is so easy to blow, with a little practice you can use it with one hand. Very good calls IMO.

·
Registered
24 Posts
All of the calls mentioned by quackkiller are great, I'd go PC-1 or Canada Hammer II if you're looking to spend $20 - $30 and just starting out. The PM-1 has less built-in back pressure and takes more hand manipulation to get good sounds compared to the PC-1 and Canada Hammer II. There is another thread, Good Goose Call, where I mentioned some other things to look at if you're just getting into shortreed calls.

·
Registered
20 Posts
QuackWacker08 said:
I live in La and we get the occasional geese at our property. We dont have enough to have a goose lanyard but I would like a call I can stick on my lanyard and have at em. I dont want an expensive one seeing as I wont use it too much. no more than $30 maybe more if need be...What good sounding calls (kind of one of those best kept secret calls) do you know of that I can use to lure in these geese??
Zinks Polycarb Line will fit your needs perfect!

Zinkcalls.com - Check em' out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.