Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a youth hunter and I currently us a mossberg 500 but I hate the way it cycles. The forearm sways and rattles and its not smooth. I could use my Winchester 1300 20g, smooth as a babys bottom, but I really want the power. I was hoping for a smooth 12g, preferably 3 1/2, jet black or camo for under $500. Is this possible?? Give me your suggestions...

P.S. How much of a difference in waterfowl is a 12 and a 20, both in 3". It would feel alot better if I could use my 20 but what performance difference is there?

·
Registered
192 Posts
You could use your 20 guage, but remember that there are fewer pellets so watch your shots. IMO the 500 is better than an 870; they rattle just as much, have a horrible safety, and don't feel good in my hands. If you want a really nice pump try the Browning BPS. They'll run right at the top of your price range, but they're worth it. Go play with one at your local gun dealer, they're nice. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Yeah, the difference depends alot on the gun. Mine was $340.

I hate it, mabey it was just a lemon, but Im never buying another Rem. Shotgun again.......

I got one im willin to sell :thumbsup:
-Stouff

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Benelli Nova Camo 28"barrel would be my choice. Here is the first 3 I saw. This is how I bought both of my SBE's. You just haftt o get the local Gun Shop to send these guy their Firearms Lic. and have it shipped to you gun store. They do the paper work and sell it to you. My Local Gun Store handled it for me for $25-$30. Take a print out of the add with you and ask them if they can help you with this, if they say they can't meet that price ask them if they will let you have them send them the gun, and you pay them something for their time.

This would be the way I went. I also know that Quackcephus has no problems knocking down a couple birds in each group. Seen It Personally, More Than Once. :hammering: But he has been know to get lucky. :eek: :tounge:

I have shot a couple of the Nova's and had no problem ejecting the 3 1/2" shells. This would be my choice. cooter

http://www.gunsamerica.com/1150/1150-random-1.htm

$350.00 Realtree synthetic stock. 28inch bbl. Brand new in box. Overstock inventory. Certified check.
Seller: GUN & DIVE SHOP
FFL Dealer: Yes Area Code: 401

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

$405.00 New in box!! 20040 Benelli NOVA CAMO PUMP Barrel Length 26" Stock: Timber HD Capacity: 4+1 Sights: Red Bar Overall Length: 47.5" SHIPPING: $20.00
Seller: COLDFAX OF LIFE 65/0
FFL Dealer: Yes Area Code: 303 GA Sales: 65

$350.00 NEW IN BOX Benelli Nova pump 12ga Max-4 Camoflauge) synthetic will chamber 2 3/4"-3 1/2" shells barrel lenghts 26" or 28" in stock ready to ship. Features 3 chokes, imp, mod and full. Price reflects Cash/Money Order payment Add 3% for credit card. Buyer pays $15.00 shipping and insurance IL Residents add 7.50% sales tax. Visit our web site Thanks Smileys sports shop.
Seller: SMILEY'S SPORTS SHOP INC.
FFL Dealer: Yes Area Code: 309

·
Registered
27 Posts
cooter said:
Benelli Nova Camo 28"barrel would be my choice. I have shot a couple of the Nova's and had no problem ejecting the 3 1/2" shells. This would be my choice. cooter

I agree with cooter.

Stanwood

·
Registered
387 Posts
Forend rattles on my sons, pretty good. It has alot of nice options on it. He can chamber a 3 1/2 goose load in a heartbeat, by pressing something on the forend. I've never shot it, but I've watched him tear it down. Its his first 12 gauge, he absolutely loves it, and can easily live with the forend rattle. This gun FIT him better than any other guns and that was why he liked it. Fit is very IMPORTANT. I wouldn't make a decision til I shouldered a couple

·
Registered
115 Posts
quack, ive got a nova and the forend does rattle a bit but i never even noticed it until someone on here pointd out that theirs rattled...all in all the novas a great gun IMO and i think it would suit your needs and your price range very well :thumbsup:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Down to 2, the Benelli Nova and 870 Express SuperMag. What are the factual differences of the 2, also, what can take a bigger beating. I hear all the time of people using a 870 from the 60s and stuff.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I think you need to get down to a gunshop and shoulder the two of them. Again, fit is the most important thing. Nova does have a aftermarket recoil reducer. Nova comes w/ 4 chokes as well. I'm saying this because, I kind of know the Nova through my son.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.