Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Potato chips are the best it gives you that crispyness!

Dunk the fish in egg then dunk into plain potato chips (which have been in the blender).Fry

Then your as sweet as a stoked picklet in a freeze dryer!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Dip in egg and then roll in italian seasoned bread crumbs. You can also add some finely grated parmesian cheese to the bread crumbs, it melts and tastes awesome. Deep fry them and serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce (mayo and a couple chopped up pickles, sometimes I'll add a little finely chopped onion for a little extra twang). Mmmmmmmm, I'm getting hungry just typing this up.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Trust me, try this. Go buy a big can of BUTTER flavored Crisco. I said BUTTER flavored right? OK anyway, I will assume you are frying pan (sunnys,perch, blue gill) fish.
Get your fillets as dry as you can get them with a bunch of paper towels.
Grab your favorite batter, I like golden dipt, add some milk and an egg. Mix it up so you have a nice thick wet batter. After you have melted all the BUTTER flavored cirsco down under a medium to almost high heat, dip your fillets into the batter and right into the hot BUTTER flavored crisco. cook until both sides are a golden brown and fish is flaky in the middle. This is great for walleye also. Then you can post up and tell eveybody else how good it is. Er...if you don't like it....ah...you did it wrong. It's not for everybody, but I have turned alot of people on to this, and it is the only way they do their fish now. Trust me guys, try it once.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I save my stale plain flavored tortillas chips and grind them up to as close to a powder as possible. Roll the fillets in flour, then dip in milk/egg liquid, then roll in the ground up tortillas chips and fry in bacon grease (or whatever oil you use.)

·
Banned
4,940 Posts
Dip your fish in an egg wash. (egg & milk wisked together)
Dredge fish in Instant Potatoe Flakes. :eek:
Fry in hot oil.

This makes a lite, very crispy batter that stays crispy even after the fish has cooled off.
Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
If you want'em Southern fried, do it this way. Mix up half flour and half corn meal, add salt, black pepper, and season salt to taste in a ziploc bag or bowl. Dip your filets in butter milk, then put them in the flour/meal mix and cover them completely. Drop'em in hot grease and take'em out when they float to the top. They are lightly breaded, but crunchy with a wonderful taste. :salude:

·
Registered
345 Posts
it may be harder to find, but substitute rice flour in the above recipe. There is a fish house in Portland that we tried because my wife is allergic to wheat, and the batter is fabulous.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
if the fish have been frozen, thaw, cut into chunks and put in a bowl. season with lemon pepper salt. now, pour milk in bowl until fish are covered...let soak 1 hr. pore out milk and let fish drain. dredge in zateraines crispy southern style breading and deep fry at 350*. cooking times will obviously vary depending on size of pieces...usually around 3 minutes is good. tasty on walleye, perch, gills and crappies. :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.