Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someone could help me with some information on hunting in centrl Jersey. I retiered from Military 5 yrs ago and came back home would like to start duck hunting agin here. The last time i went out was with my dad over 30 yrs ago. We use to go on the crosswicks creek, can you still hunt this? Are there any spot close to where i live to go? Any help would be great ..thank you and sorry so long..God bless our troops.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I don't know crosswicks creek personally, but I have found that simply calling your local Fish&Game office will provide you with a good place to start. The conservation officers are generally familiar with their respective areas.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
crosswicks creek is still open to hunt, was in there a few times early season, didn't do much though, saw some woodies and a few mallards, i also hunt the delaware river up near the water gap, spruce run res, and for coastal i usually spend my time in Raritan bay, where i usually do pretty well. Hook up with me near the beginning of the season, and we'll get you some birds. Waht area are you from???

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'd probably get heat for suggesting this but two locations very close to you are Collier's Mill's WMA and Assunpink WMA -- both get crowded if you go to the "generic spots" but they have some nice locations if your willing to scout a bit.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My just moved out to East Windsor and so I have been looking around out there. If you don't mind drivin a little I could point you to a few decent spots. Use googleeearth and other map programs and get a Wild Places Open Spaces map from DNR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.