Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys can anyone tell me what a good snow goose call is? I have a haydel but I don't like it very much. Any ideas are welcome, thanks a head of time. :help:

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I have one thing to tell you don't get a Lohman Snow Goose Flute. I have one and it doesn't sound anything like a snow goose. :thumbsdown: It is also way too loud. I have another lohman snow goose call and it sounds great. It only cost $8. I don't think you need to spend over $40 to get a good snow goose call, but that is just me.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Primos shaved reed for me too. I learned to use it by listening to the geese, and then trying to mimic it. When they get in close, I don't even use the call, cause when you have a big bunch of snows, I don't think they can really hear you anyway.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys on the quick replys. :eek: Sounds like I will have to tryout the primos shaved reed. Thanks again. :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put together a lanyard of snow goose calls for my best friends son for high school graduation gift. I purchased a Foiles Tundra Saver, Tim Grounds Acrylic snow goose call, Sean Mann Acrylic Snow goose call and a RNT Quackhead snow goose call. The RNT was only $26.

I had a posting on another hunting website and they recommended a Basin Abdominator highly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.