Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am no stranger to duck hunting in flooded marshes and ponds, however i have never hunted any flooded timber. I live in norther Oklahoma and need help on where i can find some flooded timber. I would like to know where flooded timber is usually found?
Any input is greatly appriciated,

Thanks,
Mat

·
Registered
4 Posts
Most of the flooded timber is found in the Mississippi delta area. There is a lot of flooded timber in Arkansas and Louisiana. The White River bottoms in Arkansas are some of the best public shooting areas in the world. But you have to make sure that the bottoms have flooded out before making a trip to Arkansas.

Mark
Avery Regional Pro-Staff

·
Registered
19 Posts
I hunt LA and AR all you need is some Miss back water and a cold front. I always did wonder if ducks feed in flooded timber any where up north. Like in Neb. or Iowa or any where. Once heard of good flooded timber huntin in Missiori but i think it got developed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was thinking of making a trip to white river or chache river, could anyone tell me whats the river stages need to be before the timber gets flooded enough to hunt, has anyone ever hunted this area and could give any imput thanks

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
Anyone have any flooded timber they want to share?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
ohsobad_hunter said:
I am no stranger to duck hunting in flooded marshes and ponds, however i have never hunted any flooded timber. I live in norther Oklahoma and need help on where i can find some flooded timber. I would like to know where flooded timber is usually found?
Any input is greatly appriciated,

Thanks,
Mat
Flooded timber can be found around here if you take the time to scout and look for areas that have that possibility. A few of my spots can have flooded timber if the water is just a little high. And this is on creeks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts