Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have been thinking obout getting a boat for duck hunting and some fishing. I have never hunted out of a boat before. I found a 14' welded alluminum boat for sale. can this be turned into a duck boat. i.e. will it take paint. can i attach blind material to it easily enough.

here is the link.
www.craigslist.com/sfc/boa/71265228.html If you have the time to give it a look i would appriciate it. please let me know of any ideas that you might have.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
She looks like a real good deal. A lot of stuff on her for the price, and it could easily be made into a duck boat. However, I have heard from others who have painted boats that unless you do the right prep work
(and I can't remember for the life of me what to do) the paint will flake off like nobody's business. If I estimate it right you've got a good boat on your hands that will go great all around (fishing, hunting etc.) for only a little extra cost. Best wishes!
-Ryan

·
Registered
360 Posts
itll do but it sure aint no flat bottom. if ur hunting open areas and big lakes/rivers it will be ok but sure wont go in any 6 - 0 inches of water like others would.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.