Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Sad thing is, is that this is all too common of a problem across the country. Just look at your Sunday classifides. I know the St. Louis paper has well over a hundred dog ads each sunday, and keep in mind some of these are puppy ads so there are anywhere from 1 - 10 puppies in the ad. There is no way all these dogs are going to good homes!

I'm sure your friends brother thought that it was so cool to have a little cute puppy, and I'm sure it got fed and watered consistently while it was a puppy. People just don't understand the responsibility of owning a dog.

The only problem I see with calling animal control and reporting animal cruelty is that if the dog doesn't get adopted out of the shelter it is put in, then it will most likely be euthenized. This is probably not likely since it is a full blood lab, but it is possible. I would do as other have mentioned. Try walking the dog and feeding it yourself if you want to help.

Awesome picture QuillGordon

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
A pinch collar would put an end to her pulling on you like that real quick. I don't know if you have access to one or if you want to buy one, but here are some little tricks. Once you have her walking with slack leash, (to where she is not pulling on you the whole time) then you can start some heeling work. Just walk with her and don't say anything to her. When her attention is not on you, make a sudden right or left turn and give a little tug on the leash. You'll be amazed how fast the dog starts walking at your side and looking up at you for direction.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.