Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in HS yet and a buddy in my grade who lives 2 house away from has a yellow lab. Well, its his stepbrother's dog (stepbrother is 20 yrs old or so) and won't let me or my buddy (his stepbrother) try to take it hunting. My buddy is on my side and we still have to talk to his stepbrother about it but he's not living there this week. Its 2 years old and its not fed everyday and stays in a 10' by 10' cage with a dog house. The poor dog never leaves there. I want to save it more than I want to train it, but I'm friends with the owner and I'm not sure if I should report it to the animal cruelty people? If you can follow my story, I'd appreciate any advise....thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll do my best to try and talk to both of them to at least give the dog attention. My friend complains about it because it barks, but if I was that position I would bark too. He's too lazy to feed it, I have to push him hard to get out hunting early. Maybe I can convince him to let me take it for walks and feed it but keep it down there with more room because my parents would not let me have a dog. I can't ahve one inside because my dad and sister have too many allergies. I've already been trying for years to get a dog but that's not happening. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got back from walking her and she's a load of fun. My buddy talked to his step-brother and he's allowing us to feed and walk her. I think he just put a bunch of food down there because we said something because her dish was full. She did not eat when I was down there or when i tried to hand feed her but loved the dog treats I brought to praise her. I also had sunflower seeds and she tried to find and eat every shell I spit out. I can tell she's hungry, but why wouldn't she eat her food?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now, the stepbrother is being trying to help somewhat by buying bones and rawhides. I guess he figured he needed to get his act together. But I understand the situation now, he had a kid when he was still in HS after he already got her as a pup and had no time for her anymore. But I can't turn him in now if he's gonna let us take care of her and help to buy treats for her.

She's still skin and bones, but likes the egg in her food. It seems like she eats too quick and chokes a little. She always trying to pull away real hard on the leash but has stopped trying to chase cars on the walks. I know I have to keep her under control on the leash, but she seems to be choking a bit. She's very ancy but I gotta love her. I hate walking away from her cage every night.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.