Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Sometimes when dogs are nervous they won't eat. Mix in some soft food, some cottage cheese or mix an egg in and I bet the whole bowl dissapears lab style...

This is GREAT news to hear. Walk that dog all you can, take her in your yard and throw bumpers for her, take her swiming.. I hate seeing dogs get mistreated.

I have been thinking about helping the local shelters out by taking in younger fullbread labs and starting them on obedience and retrieving. Keep them for about two months and give them back, they would probably get addopted pretty quick if they were up on obedience and started on birds, retrieving etc......

Mike

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
The choking bit is what I say about "lab style". Try mixing in just a few table spoons of cottage cheese with it. Canned food is also higher in fat and she can get some size back on her a little quicker with canned food.

I got my chessy from the pound after someone had neglected him. He was right at a year old, he was shy, gunshy and had no obedience. heres a pic last night looking proud after all his retrieves.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.