Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what the difference is between Neo Matts and Hydro turf other then their they're made out of different material by different companies.

I guess I'm asking what would make a person buy the Hydro Turf over the Neo matts, or visa versa. Is one better then the other? If so, in what way?

I have the Neo matts in the Max 1 Camo on my War Eagle. I layed it using the double sided carpet tape. Looks and works great. I've never actually seen the Hydro Turf other then on their Web site.

Just wondering. :huh:

L8R

·
Registered
764 Posts
Ive had both the hydro and the neo mats

The hydroturf is ALOT better!

Neomats are thicker, hold water weight (not alot but still) and mine started to mold after a year and the worst part was that they faded pretty bad

the hydroturf looks better, doesnt rot, holds no water, can be painted and after one year of hard use, it still looks brand new!

the neomats arent BAD, its just that the hydroturf is better!

·
Registered
764 Posts
they both did okay -- they never froze themselves, but the water that was kinda standing on them froze, but the hydroturf has the diamondplate grips on it and that helped with it

the neomats would soak up water so it took RAIN WATER before it would get water standing on it.... then it froze

but around here -NC- it doesnt really get THAT cold soo maybe some boys from up north have more experience with this and will chime in

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
My Hydro-turf held up fine this winter. No problems with ice, water, snow, sleet or hail. I got the grey "B" grade stuff for $25 a sheet. The winters up here don't affect it at all. One word of warning for when you put it on though, I did it right before sundown on the front deck, late summer/early fall last year, and the temps drop so fast here that time of day that the turf or the glue expanded, then contracted and I had a little fit-up problem, but if you do it this time of year, or even in the shade any other time of year you should be fine. I also used the brush-on adhesive instead of the spray adhesive, and that was the main problem I believe. Next time I'll use the spray adhesive like some of the other guys have used.

·
Registered
206 Posts
asutton13 said:
Ive had both the hydro and the neo mats

The hydroturf is ALOT better!

Neomats are thicker, hold water weight (not alot but still) and mine started to mold after a year and the worst part was that they faded pretty bad

the hydroturf looks better, doesnt rot, holds no water, can be painted and after one year of hard use, it still looks brand new!

the neomats arent BAD, its just that the hydroturf is better!
Me too! Hydro-turf should be standard in every boat. Period! I've got the straight groove & like it better than the diamond cut. Cleans up great & I've hunted in 5 degree weather & it wasn't slick. Best stuff by far is the hydro.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Pillowcasr said:
This gets me pumped. I'm expecting mine on Monday will prolly get it done mon/tues. Will post pics.
Just wait till you get it installed. Less noise in boat, doesn't get hot in the summer, no-slip, looks good, weighs very little, etc etc. Can't say enough good things about the stuff. If it gets dirty then spray it down with a high pressure sprayer at a car wash & it looks new again. Just take your time installing it. The sheets probably won't be exactly square but don't worry cause it looks good even if the stuff doesn't line up perfectly.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.