Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's about time to put 'em up for the spring/summer, and I'm wondering what the best method of storage is. I know with the older waders, you definitely had to hand them up or they would dry-rot, but what about neoprene? I've heard a couple people say they just fold them up any put them back in the box they came in. Any advice on what to do, and more importantly on what NOT to do? Thanks

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Dont get them wet and leave them in a wader bag. I did that and now they stink like crazy like mildew or something. Not sure how im gona get them to smell better just air them out i guess. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
I was told that the biggest reason for failure was punctures but a close second was rot from mud. I hose mine off every time and they go right back on a cheap wader hanging bracket. Keeps 'em like new. If you do get water inside keep swapping newspaper until its dry. If you go fishing and use power bait. DO NOT wipe your fingers on your waders. It will not come out. My cousins waders have a yellow and pink leg.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.