Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just got back from four days of hunting in Smithville. We killed the most today--32 birds. For the next week, the hunting will be spectacular!! There are around 400,000 sitting on Smithville Lake. Better get em in the next few days b/c they are on the move northbound.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, went with a guide service and they were pretty good. They said this season isn't near as good as last season. But it should be awesome this weekend with the weather. Are you hunting around there? Let me know if you kill anything. Oh, we had a neck collar come in about 75 yds overhead but weren't able to bring him down. Man would it have been nice to get that one.
Rock

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yea a couple of my buddies guide up there! I live in the south side of Smithville. The weather is looking great right now. Im headin out this afternoon to Trimble to maybe jump some and set out some decoys tonight. Cant wait for tommorrow it shold be a blast. This is my first spring season in Smithville/Trimble but ive heard last year was insane!! Sounds like you guys had a good time!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts