Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quick question. I have no idea about snow goose hunting, but I will be in southern Mo for a week in early April. Will there be any hunting oportunities at that time or would I be too late. If so I will bring the gun along and contact a guide, if not I will have to spend the entire vacation with the girlfriend. Thanks a lot for any information.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm a northern missouri guy so i might not be accurate. But from what I know, in early april most of the snow geese are long gone out of missouri. There might be a few straglers but other than that not the big flocks like you may want. I don't know how your schedule is but typically mid-march is the best time overall for all of missouri.

It doesnt hurt though to keep an eye out at the snow geese numbers in case conditions change. Look here for the info http://www.mdc.mo.gov/hunt/wtrfowl/weekly-snow/

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I live in the middle part of the state...and my answer was going to be the same thing.

By April, I'm usually working on rifle reloads and hitting the ranges. The big numbers are way further up north by then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts