Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
If your new to the board just tell us some about you.. Like what gun you shoot. Your favorite kind of hunting. ect... We welcome you even if you don't duck hunt much... We still like to chat. Agian welcome to the board and we hope that you find it helpful and fun..

Mallyard

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, I shoot a 870 (they issue them at birth here in Arkansas :eek: ).

My favorite type of hunting is flooded timber, but really love it all, field, open water, river, buck brush, pretty much anywhere I can find the ducks.

The last few years, I've averaged 60+ days chasing ducks. That includes early teal season, out of state hunting, and our regular season. Lucky for me I have a very understanding wife (she's used to it - she grew up in East Arkansas), and a job that allows me to be out there as much as possible.

·
Registered
11 Posts
New here...great site. I'm from Sikeston, Mo. I'm fanatical about duck and goose hunting, so much so that it drives my antler chasing buddies crazy. I'm fortunate enough to be able to travel to alot of shows and duck calling contests each year to meet other people just like us! In the "off season" I run a nursing home and guide during the "on season." Glad to be a part of this site.

Christian

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Hey Mallyard,

I am wondering why you posted this up here on this forum when there already is an intro for newcomers on the Honey Hole which is the main forum here?

:umm:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just wanted to be a little bit more personal... Plus I half forgot about the other one..

Mallyard

·
Registered
30 Posts
New to the site, I'm married for 14 years with 2 kids and a yellow lab female.

I have been Duck hunting for only 5 years.

I shoot a Benelli Super Black Eagle II

I enjoy all kinds of duck hunting puddle, Diver, Field and even a good Goose Hunt.

Other interest are training my Lab, Fishing and Bow Hunting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
brand new 2this site & i love it!!!(i have been lookin' a while, but this is my first post)i shoot an 1187(i did not think they made anything other than an 870 until i got the 1187)i love 2shoot puddle ducks(we call em' wood chickens in N.C., or woodies 2u yankees, or less fortunate types)but i have been fortunate enough 2go to ar & ms the last couple years(they actually have mallards down there!!!... hell, they just got better down there) anyway, this is a fine site & i would appreciate talking 2any of you boys about his great insanity that we are lucky enough to know about called duck hunting can't wait 2hear back from you folks
rob

·
Registered
3 Posts
oh yeah, by the way, he looked ugly & then i remembered my place... i'm also lucky enough 2know a chocolate lab named jim that will tolarate me in a duck blind(we've been doing this together 4over 6 years now, damn i'm lucky!!!)just had 2give him his credit!
rob

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm from the great state of Utah, where you can duck hunt out of an air-boat in the morning-on the Great Salt Lake, jump shoot ducks off ponds and streams mid day and pound them as the set their wings for grain fields in the evening. Oh and the swan hunting isn't too bad either. My goal this year is to be the first and only person to shoot a limit of 25 coots. We call them lesser-lesser-lesser canadians. Hope they eat well. (Ha,ha) Nice to be with ya-all (Thanks for the tips and in put!)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello fellow fowelers, newbee here from wichita ks. I have been duck hunting for about 5 yrs. now and loving it. I mainly hunt lakes and rivers, We will be going after geese on winter wheat this year due to an open invite from some farmers who are sick of the geese destroying there crop :getdown: . Looking foward to a great year. IS IT TIME YET?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey, QUACKHEAD... Glad to have a fellow Kansan on here. I live about 45 miles north of you... Haven't done much goose hunting, but maybe I will this year...

Mallyard

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am a father of (6) three-girls three-boys ben happly married for 7years and my best friend max of 5years half black lab half gordensetter. we all hunt and fish here in northern california. most of the family like I feel there ar just to menny days between those 101 days of the year. I shoot a REM 870 exspress mag and have hunted since I was 5 but ducks for the last 8years and archery for 9 years. some years 3 of my kids and I trade it all in for ducks,geese and all the fun toys that come with it 3and4 days a week the whole seeson.We live about 3hours frome NV and OR as well as the cost..

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the good fortune to live in the Glacial Lakes/Prairie Pothole region of South Dakota. With no kids and only an ex-wife I am able to devote my time to hunting and working to support my hunting. I shoot a BPS 10ga when geese are playing hard to get and a Beretta Xtrema for most everything else.

Waterfowling bit me later than many. When I was a kid if a guy were to shoot a Canada Goose, he would put it in the back of his pick-up and drive straight to the local cafe to show it off just as he would a trophy buck. Now that I have the fever, I really don't see any cure in sight. For instance it has taken me only two years to accumulate 6 dozen canada and 6 dozen mixed duck decoys, 3 waterfowling guns, a dedicated hunting pick-up and 14 duck and goose calls. All for one man use mind you. And why not? Some folks are obsessed with beanie-babies for pete's sake. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Brand new to the site. My name is John I shoot a beretta urika 391 optima. I am just getting back in to waterfowl and looking foward to this season. I have a yellow lab male and live in maryland. This site looks great and I am glad to be a member.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am new to the site and just about to enter my second year duck hunting. Shoot a Browning NWTF Gold Hunter. Started duck hunting when all the deer hunting with dogs around here started getting cut out. Someone should have told me sooner that riding in freezing rain in a boat before daylight is so much fun.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Howdy names Don from centeral Minnesota. Ilove duck and ruffed grouse hunting also enjoy deer hunting. Will be spending alot of time on this sight talking with you all. Only 3 weeks from tomorrow to wait for duck season, 2 more for grouse. :salude:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey all. I'm a Junior at the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks, where I can head out to a duck slough ten minutes from town and shoot ducks after class :mrgreen: I was introduced to duck hunting when I was in 8th grade and have been addicted ever since. I shoot a Remington 870 Express Super Magnum with a plain old black synthetic stock that I can beat to $hit and not worry about how it looks. I'm a born and raised 'Sotan, but I plan on moving permanently to the great state of ND so I can be in the thick of the birds every year. All I can say is that compared to ND, Minnesota doesn't have anywhere close to as many birds...looking back on it I worked waaaaay too hard before I came up here! :thumbsup: This site looks great...looking forward to some good times!!! :salude:

·
Registered
12 Posts
My name is Dawson. I shoot a Winchester 1300. I just moved back to Indy after living in Louisiana for seven years. It is much more challenging hunting here than the South. Thought I'd join here to get help when needed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am a new duck hunter, but just got my liscene. I shoot a 20 gauge and got four ducks, three sponnies and a mallard, on my first duck hunt i shoot half a box of shells to. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello everyone! Great site! My name is Bill and I live in Lindenhurst, IL which is about 50 miles north of Chicago and about 5 minutes from the Wisconsin border. I also spend as much time up in the UP of Michigan at a little place the Mrs. and I bought last spring on Little Bay de Noc.

I have just gotten back into duck hunting after a 10 year break to go to school, get married, have a kid and work! Now that the little on is bigger (5) and the wife has her house I get to do some of the things I like to do!

I shoot a Berreta 390 Silver Mallard that was a gift from my father. He is the one who introduced me to duck, geese, pheasants and quail...and how much fun they are to hunt and how good they are in the belly!

My hunting partner is a 1.5 year old Choc. Lab named Max.

If there are any other fellow Northern Illinois folks here who wouldn't mind a hunting partner now and then...please drop me a line!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts