Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... getting a little slow so i thought i should get some talking in.
What have you bought in terms of decoys in the off season. Please list brand, species, and price.

ITD

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I have bought 1/2 dozen G&H super mag. Canadas. I also bought an Ameristep blind for 90 bucks at our local walmart. My friend bought some more Flambeau convertible floaters/field decoys with converta heads. He also bought 4 Flambeau Judge decoys for 85 bucks and an Ameristep blind. I still plan to purchase a dozen more standard G&H shells and either some GHG fullbodies or Bigfoots. My brother has to buy some new duck decoys. We bought a couple dozen Remington Mallards and they suck :thumbsdown: I will never buy them again. We sold them on Ebay and got what we paid out of em and some. Then he is going to buy some snow goose fullbodies and we will be set(hopefully). I also bought him an Ameristep blind. As of now we have 1 dozen standard G&H shells, 1/2 dozen super mags., 4 Flambeau Judge decoys, 12 Flambeau Canada floater/field decoys, 2 Canada feeder butts, 250 snow and blue rags, a snow goose magnet(plan to buy about 2 more), and our 3 blinds. Hopefully we will slaughter some ducks and geese. Good Luck to All as the season is approaching fast.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Well I just bought some ghg hot buy duck decoys and some ghg goose shell decs. My hunting buddy just bought some g&h goose decoys and some hot buy decoys. I am thinking about getting some goose fullbodys, but i don't know what to get. So i think we will be set for now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We just baught 4 doz of the new Greenhead Gear Life-Size Series Canada Goose Feeder-Style Decoys. We also baught 1 doz of the centery decks. WE baught the new flambeau full limit decks and we baught 2 new final approach blinds.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just got a doz of herters millenium mod 72's.....man what a good looking deke. From 10ft away it looks like a feathered duck. Cabelas is still running the special for 120 a doz. Lets see how the ducks like them before I give a final :thumbsup:

·
Registered
286 Posts
I got 1 dozen teal decoys flambula for like 19 dollars I am going to get more but I just don't know what yet

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Take em how do you like your ghg full body geese? I am picking some up next weekend from Cabelas, and have gotten mixed opinions on what people thought of them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So far this year I've bought a new duck boat, had all of my bigfoots custom painted, bought an extra finisher blind, another 100 windsocks, and will be picking up some new GHG fullbody honkers within the next week or two.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I think I finally found out what else I am going to buy this year 1 dozen outlaw geese 1 dozen ghg full body geese 1 or 2 dozen ghg hot buts and a 1 dozen ghg regular and mabey some more full body geese

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
No new duck decoys this spring/summer I did buy some more SMag Mallards at the end of the season last fall--that is when I do my buying-when I can get steep discounts. :thumbsup:

I'll be picking up another dz used Real Geese Pros this Thursday from an acquintence and plan to buy a pair of high head lookers of Averies Full Bodies when they finally show up in the stores :thumbsdown: Ya think they would have them here 1 month ago already--goose season is 4 days away now. I did buy 20 more new Big Foot Honkers last winter too. And parts for another 100 custom S&Bs wind socks. Man I need to finish them yet...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I Bought 2 dozen greenhead gear mallard decoys for 25 bucks a dozen. Bought a dozen teal decoys for 25 bucks. Bought 3 dozen greenhead gear goose decoy shells for 120 bucks a dozen. Bought 1 dozen full body goose decoys for 275 bucks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just came home from the Cabela's in Kansas City with 2 dozen of the GHG hotbuys, for 25 bucks a piece. Not a bad decoy for the price, but you can't short string the decoy line around the keel worth a crap. Still a good looking decoy for the price. I also bought 8 more bigfoot full bodies. You can never have too many of those.

·
Registered
450 Posts
i got a doz herers millenium on sale at cabelas. i also got that ameristep blind at walmart. and that avery decoy bag that only holds a doz decoys and some tanglefree line and weights.

had

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just bought a dozen GHG Hot Buys from Scheels the other week. They were origninally 24 bucks, but were on sale for 19.99! They look a hundred times better the the old Carry Lite decoys I have and it doesn't look like they'll be useless after only one season. I might just sell all my Carry Lites and buy GHG instead. The detail is amazing and the quality seems much better...and besides...they're waaaaay cheaper!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
189 Posts
2 more doz. mallard g&h magnum, but that was kinda a while ago, when they were on sale, probably get something else before the season starts, I'll end up spending every extra dollar I have to get something I don't realy need, I'm sure you know how that goes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anybody or everybody who has purchased or used the ghg "hot buy" dec's, what's your opinion? How do they look in real life, quality, craftmanship, etc.? I don't own any, but wondering how you owners like them, and why the heck a dozen dec's are sooooo cheap. I don't see a big difference between those & the life-size ghg dec's. Thanks, DJ

1 - 20 of 32 Posts