Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey

Just checked out a new spot. For the upcoming season
its mostly flooded timber and alot of shurbs.
but i dont know if there are ducks in there. Let me tell you it looks so good i might even roost in it :toofunny: It dont look like it has any food supply there . What should i do to get some? What should i plant and when should i plant it? i live in the eastern part of North Carolina. Give me step-by-step details. please

Thanks alot :thumbsup:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Plant?! Just sow some yellow "acorns" soaked in cane syrup, then you will have a pile o'ducks! :toofunny: Just kidding, try some japanese millet or if you can drain it and let the natural vegetation grow up from seeds that have sunk to the bottom of the hole. Good luck!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Quak addict said:
hey
Give me step-by-step details. please
Ok, here goes Step by Step.

Step 1. Decide what you want to plant....Millet, Milo, Wild Rice, Smart Weed, Duck Potatoe, Duck Weed, Chufa.

Step 2. go to your local Feed and Seed Store and ask them if they can get these seeds for you, (Exclude the Duck weed, That would have to be Skimmed with a net and transplanted) and give you a good deal on them. Most Feed and Seed Stores will work with you and find what you want to keep you from sending out for seeds and also to make a buck :thumbsup:

Step 3. LEAVE the Beaver Dam as it is, Do Not tear it down!

Step 4. Once you decide on what you want to plant and have gotten the Seeds, Tell us what you bought and we can tell you how to plant what you bought.

Step 5. Are we missing Something?? Are we Not Answering your Questions for you, the way you want them answered? Reason I ask, this is thread #3 were you have asked what to plant and Myself and another Moderator gave you good things to plant along with a few other Members!

Are we missing something here?

·
Registered
70 Posts
step 6....if a million ducks show up on opening day....get on this site and post GPS coordinates....we'll meet you there to help you take care of the pests that will eat all of your plants that you worked so hard to get growing all summer hehehe :laughing:

·
Registered
622 Posts
If there is a good beaver population, they will dam it back up. Just knock a big enough hole to drain most of the water during early summer. The natural vegetation and forage will flourish and the beavers will have it dammed back up by hunting season. You can also sweeten it up with millet or rice in the spots with bare soil/mud. Trust me, the only problem might be if they dam it up before anything gets a chance to grow. If that is the case bust it again. Good Luck :umm:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.