Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon I was so excited because I was going to be taken to a new duck hole that I would have access to this upcoming season. It is about 10 minutes from home and is supposed to be loaded with ducks. Unfortunately being a volunteer fireman, high winds, and idiots insisting on burning trash didn't allow me to do that. :pissed: Hopefully I will get to check it out the next time the landowners are in town. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Join the crowd idiots just dont know when they should burn and not we are under a red flage here for SC do people care? NO.

But good luck on your hole :thumbsup:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We had several hundred acres of good timber burn up yesterday, but luckily we were able to keep it away from any homes and other structures. The forestry units were amazing! :thumbsup: They brought in the helicopter with the dump bucket. It was awesome! :salude:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
hey SC, i have a big brush pile i need to burn. i live in a subdivision and have a 1 acre lot. there isn't really anything within 30 yards of it in any direction. there are some trees that if the flames got high enough it could heat them up but i don't think i would catch on fire. this pile is pretty big so it's gonna be a pretty big fire. should i hold off on burning or can i go ahead and light it and monitor it with a waterhose? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you do be careful. Rake all the way around it to make a good fire break. If you are not careful you get cited for illegal burning. Make sure you keep an eye on it the entire time, especially if it is any wind at all. :umm:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.