Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It that time of year guys and I'm looking for a new hunting gun. I want an O/U, but don't want to pay that "fancy gun" price for a meat gun. This is strictly a meat gun and that is all. I want a 20 ga. w/ interchangable chokes that is 3".
So my final question is, is this possible and what is the best I can get for $500 or less. I'm on a budget here. Please help! :getdown: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
54 Posts
This place I am going to have you to look at has very good guns and rock bottom prices and for the most part I believe they are all free shipping but don`t quote me check it out for yourself and let me know I have ordered 3 from them and super fast and sooooooooo nice to work with . I use my buddys ffl any pawn shop or local gun dealer will do this for awww lets say 15 bucks extra,,,, chances are they don`t know about these deals and will be glade you brought it to their attention ...But one thing is for sure its all your choice ,,,,I always sleep on everything before spending money :cool: http://www.ableammo.com/mall/guns_shotgun_main.asp
If anyone else can find better prices I would love to know .... I always say a man can piss away money drinkin beer but if ya buy a gun your head don`t hurt the next day :thumbsup:

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nope duckinator,
i have already been there and i rechecked and there is nothing on there about MSRP. From the estimates I found, the best one is $499 the middle is $399 and the hunting one I was looking at was $299. (This is the blued reciever one). Any more help is appreciated! :getdown:

·
Registered
222 Posts
if i were in that budget range i would get a stoeger condor...the base line is about 300 and you can get a 12 / 20 ga combo that has 2 sets of barrels for about 500 at *****. i too am looking at an over under, but im lookin at the Franchi Alcoline Titanium for around 1200

·
Registered
32 Posts
i found a fausti over and uonder foor 589 in both 12 and 20 ga at walmart owned one in a 12ga for two with no problems great gun check out ur local walmart u can order them

good luck findin a gun and happy huntin

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Fraz - check out the stoeger condor O/U. should easily be in your price range and they come in a 12 or 20ga with screw in choke tubes.

i've got one in 20ga with 28" barrels and i love it.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was thinkin of gettin the 20 w/ 26" barrels, but dad said if it was gonna be my "meat" gun it better be a 12. Although I am confident in my shooting abilities, and the right shell load for my current gun. If would be more human and make more sense to shoot a 12 at the occasional 40 yd. goose. :mrgreen: I think

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Franchi or Stoeger are in the range, also try skb, I don't know if they make a field gun but i do know that they have several sporting models. They are a less expensive o/u.

I have a Charles Daly auto. I don't know much about their new o/u, but their old ones were top of the line. The only thing I know about Charles Daly is they have a good service dept. and that isn't nessisarily a good thang. I bought my auto Jan. 04. Shot it the last half of duck season. and then took it to the skeet range, where i proceded to put about 5k rounds through it. It started double firing and the bolt slide bar cracked in sept. 04. I sent the gun in and they sent me a new gun, instead of fixing mine. So they are great at customer service.

Also a meat and potatoe's gun doesn't have to be an old dirty beat up gun. But it does have to perform, day after day. Berretta......

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Fraz- gotta agree with your dad on that one. while i have no doubt that your shooting abilities would allow you to smack anything you shoot at, you can't argue with basic ballistics and laws of physics.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
boy, hard to say. that is really up to you as the shooter to choose what feels right for you. it doesn't effect the ballistics of your shells any significant ammount and it really doesn't have any effect on recoil either. so it just comes down to which one you like better.

some things to consider however,

on a double gun, the overall length of the gun (butt to end of the barrel) with a 28" barrel with be much shorter than a auto or pump gun with a 28" barrel. the reason for this is that the pump/auto has approx. 3 inches of extra receiver length to accomadate the bolt being able to slide back and forth. the double guns don't have such issues, so the barrel starts right at the back of the receiver. shooting a double with a 28" barrel is similar to a pump/auto with a 26"...a double with a 26" is more like a pump or auto with a 24".

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.